Thursday, April 8, 2010

P is for Pull-up on a Banana Tree

A Pull-Up on a Banana Tree
a poem by Kathleen T. Jaeger

What a strange sight I see
Way up high and out of reach
A pull-up on a banana tree
What could it mean,
This pull-up on the banana tree?
It means, it means a Jack lives with me.
(And that IS a very good thing indeed.)


A poem created and dedicated to the strange sightings of a mother of four children. Or it could be dedicated to the things your mother never told you about motherhood. I've been a mother long enough now to know to take pictures of such things as these. But, if a picture is worth a 1,000 words, what are these words telling me? A sense of humor is essential to sane parenting.

I'm taking a long weekend break from blogging and will resume my part in this A to Z Blog Challenge early next week (hopefully Monday, but I make no promises).

Love, Kathleen

6 comments:

  1. Loved the poem, have a good long week-end, hope to see you back next week.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, seen that...parenting is a funny endeavor at times isn't it! THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bwahahahahha! thanks for sharing that funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that's too funny. Enjoy the break

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how silly was that night. Long after the kids were in bed and the dust settled, stopped in mid-sentence with "...WHAT is THAT doing up THERE?!". This question, like many others asked in our house, has a one-word answer: Jack.
    Love you,
    - Hubby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of the conversation...I love hearing from you. Kathleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...